Become a Member
Become a Member
As a Chamber member, you have access to a wealth of valuable benefits and services
Whether your business has just one employee or many thousands, your Chamber of Commerce can provide many opportunities for your business to thrive.
Through its strong Community partnerships, programs, events, staff and Board of Directors, your Chamber of Commerce is a powerful partner for its member businesses. The Chamber strives to enhance its members' visibility in the Community, advocates for sound business policy and provides regular networking and promotional opportunities.
Joining your Chamber is a strategic investment for your business. A research study done by the Schapiro Group an Atlanta-based market research firm demonstrates the value of joining your local chamber:
When a consumer knows a small business is a Chamber member, they are 63% MORE likely to purchase products or services from it. Consumers infer that Chamber members are more trustworthy, they care more about their customers, are more involved in the community, and they are considered an industry leader.
59% of consumers think joining the local chamber is an effective business strategy.
When a consumer knows that a restaurant is a Chamber member, they are 40% MORE likely to dine there in the next few months.
When a consumer knows an insurance agency is a Chamber member, they are 43% MORE likely to consider that agency when buying insurance.
Each of our core membership tiers is specifically targeted to benefit a multitude of businesses within the Mountain View community. Each tier includes everything identified in the prior membership level.
The Advocate |ADVCT| - starts at $15/month or $149/year
Advocate members use our services to ensure their policy needs are met so they can focus on running their business. This membership ranges from a zero-revenue startup to a small business. The Advocacy membership prevents companies from getting blindsided by a public policy that could be detrimental to their budding business.
The Connector |CNCTR| - starts at $350/year or $35/month (+ADVCT)
A Connector membership allows companies the most diverse and expansive face-to-face business engagement available in the Mountain View business community. Alongside the advantageous mixers and Luncheons, membership includes access to ChamberZone, one 4-hour boardroom reservation a month, and a network of discounted rates. Connector membership enables any business to broaden their network to solidify their standing within the Mountain View business community.
The Promoter |PRMTR|- starts at $1,000/year or $99/month (+ADVCT +CNCTR)
Promoters are able to visually advance your brand through marketing channels, visual promotion, and additional face-to-face connection. Promoter membership includes two 4-hour boardroom reservations per month, one banner ad per year on chambermv.org, enhanced directory listing and an exclusive one-on-one meeting with Chamber CEO.
The Builder |BLDR| - starts at $10,000/year (+ADVCT, +CNCTR, +PRMTR)
Builders are the chambers largest ally and resource. Builders look to the Chamber to represent them and the business community, and to elevate the status and pride of Mountain View. The builder package provides year-round visibility, access to neighboring business executives, opportunities to host clients, and consistent one-on-one dialogue with Chamber CEO and board members. Builders come to the chamber to demonstrate their commitment to work on the social, local, state issues that matter in Mountain View.
What Chamber Membership Brings
- Your business or organization will be listed on ChamberMV.org website (over 10,000 hits per week)
- Your business or organization will be listed in the Chamber Business Directory
- Your business or organization will be listed in annual official City of Mountain View Map and or Guide (distribution over 7,500)
- Access to advertising opportunities (at member rate) in Map, E-Newsletter, ILoveMV.org and on the ChamberMV.org Website
- Chamber member plaque or window sticker for recognition and display
- Phone call referrals as a Chamber member and opportunity to display literature at Chamber office/Visitor Center and at events/functions
- Invitation to attend and participate in monthly Business Mixers, Success Series Luncheon, Young Professionals events and other Chamber events and committees
- Business Leads Group (Business ConneXions)
- Be introduced through the Chamber to other businesses, city council members, and or city leaders
Value of Access
- Subscriptions: Monthly E-Newsletter & calendar of events
- $185 (10%) discount off tuition $1,850 for one student in Leadership Mountain View program* (Connector and higher membership required)
- Save up to 60% on Office Depot purchases through our Membership Program
- 10 complimentary Mountain View Maps & Community Guides
- 50% off Chamber Member mailing labels
- Special Member only pricing for advertising
- Chamber 101 Breakfast – A quarterly breakfast, open to all member businesses of the Chamber of Commerce. These events are a great way for Members to meet some of our Board Members, Ambassadors, Staff and other Members. Network and mingle while enjoying a light breakfast and brief presentation. Information presented will show Members how to gain maximum benefit from their membership through the wide variety of programs and services offered.
- Ribbon Cuttings & Grand Openings – The Chamber will help coordinate a Ribbon Cutting with the Mayor’s office to celebrate your Grand Opening, Anniversary, Remodel or Change of Location. Ribbon Cuttings are a fun and easy way to drive people to your business. Contact our membership staff – email@example.com for more information or to schedule your Ribbon Cutting today! Learn More
- New member recognition at Business Mixer
- Free business listing in Chamber E-Newsletter